Real Estate Preparation Check
Please consider these suggestion in preparation for your homes upcoming photographic session. By following these suggestions a home will be presented in its best light possible through photographs, as many buyers (92% according to National Association of Realtors- NAR) will view a home on the internet before coming to see it in person.
1) Close the windows
2) Clean all window inside and outside
3) Park your vehicles on the street or in a closed garage
4) Rake the yard
5) Cut the grass
6) Ensure any weeds growing between concrete joints are removed
7) Prune trees, foliage
8) Clean the sidewalks, driveway and deck
9) Remove all children’s or pet’s toys from the yard
10) Put away any garbage or recycle cans so they cannot be seen
11) Close the gates and garage doors
12) Pool - Remove all pool toys, visible cleaning supplies and equipment
13) Pool – Ensure water is clean and clear of debris
14) Keep the pets out of the yard during the photo shoot
1) Clear the Clutter… Please put it away in a closet or cabinet; do not put it in another room where it will need to be moved to photograph that room.
2) Clean the House… All the nooks and crannies.
3) Replace any burned out light bulbs with similar bulbs that are in that room
4) Turn on all the lights and lamps.
5) Turn off all ceiling fans and Turn on all ceiling fan lights
6) Close the windows and open the curtains and blinds
7) Hide any visible cords
8) Put away all children’s or pet’s toys
9) Vacuum all carpet and floors
10) Dust and polish all furniture
11) Remove all room trash calls ; Please put them in a closet or cabinet, not another room
12) Hardwood Floors – Consider removing any rugs to show off your floors
1) Clear the mantle of personal photos or memorabilia
2) Turn off the television
3) Clean fire place glass doors
4) Light a fire in the fireplace
5) Replace any family portraits with generic artwork
6) Straighten any book shelves
7) Straighten the rug and throw pillows
8) Remove any pet hair.
9) Hardwood Floors – Consider removing any rugs to show off your floors
1) Set the table with plain white dishes or clear off everything but a small centerpiece
2) Lighted china cabinets or hutch turn lights on
3) Position chairs evenly around the table
1) Remove all refrigerator magnets, photos, artwork, etc.
2) Wipe all sides of the refrigerator of fingerprints and smudges
3) Clear the top of the refrigerator and remove any items on top
4) Clean all sides of the stove, burners and oven
5) Clear the counter tops
6) Put away all appliances in a cabinet or closet.
7) Turn on any under cabinet lighting
8) Put away all items in the sink, such as dishes, pot and pans
9) Put away all cleaning supplies
10) Put away all towels including sponges, wash cloths and dish towels etc.
11) Hide the garbage can in a closet or pantry
12) Put away any water or food bowls for pets
13) Clean the floor
1) Make the bed. Make it as smooth as possible
2) Remove anything stored under the bed if there is not a dust ruffle to cover it
3) Put away all shoes and clothing
4) Clear the bedside tables.
5) Dust and polish all furniture
6) Leave only the lamp and clock on bedside table
7) Clear/ straighten the dresser
8) Straighten any book shelves
9) Remove any family photographs
1) Tidy-up the closet by organizing /sorting clothing and shoes
2) Matching hangers are a nice touch
3) Remove extra clothes as to not appear over stuffed
1) Open the shower curtains, if the area is in good condition
2) Put down the toilet seat
3) Put out fresh, good matching towels all around. If you don’t have them remove all towels and wash cloths
4) Hide all bath products from the tub/shower including bars of soap, shampoo & conditioner, washcloths, etc.
5) Hide all bath products from the sink including hand soap, makeup, etc. decorative soaps can stay
6) Hide all appliances including the hair drier, curling iron, etc.
7) Hide all air fresheners including those that plug in.
8) Hide all toilet paper rolls except the one in the dispenser
9) Hide all cleaning products
10) Put new toilet paper roll in dispenser
1) Hide any visible cords.
2) Put away all paperwork… Not in a pile but out of sight
3) Hide the facial tissue
4) Straighten the book shelves
5) Turn off any computers and monitors
6) DO NOT leave any important personal papers laying around. They may show in the photograph revealing important information
1) Workshop… All tools put in their proper place, workbench clear, floor clean
2) Storage… boxes stacked neatly and against the wall
3) Club Room… Follow suggestions from family room.
1) It is the homeowner’s responsibility to keep the pets out of the shot
2) Put away all toys, food and water bowls, and litter boxes
3) Put away all pet pens or crates, not in another room